Eligibility for J-1 Internship Program
■ Participants must meet one of the following requirements:
Foreign national :
- who has a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States, or
- who has five years of work experience outside the United States in the occupational field in which they are seeking training, or
- Who is currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States, or
- Who has graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor program start date.
■ Host Employer requirements:
US corporation must :
- have sufficient resources, equipment, and trained personnel available to provide the specified training and internship program, and
- have workers compensation insurance
■ Training fields:
State Department allows internship or training program in certain occpupational categoties. Please refer to the following training fields for J-1 internship program.